Satcom Direct (SD) provides global connectivity solutions for business and general aviation, military, government, and land mobile services. Since 1997, SD has worked to solve the unsolvable and advance the technology of connectivity through our industry-leading hardware and flight operations software. Our company culture is based on innovation and creativity which allows our team members to thrive in a dynamic atmosphere. We are looking for people who are passionate about customer satisfaction and who excel in a constantly changing environment.
The Business Development Manager (BDM) is responsible for implementing Satcom Direct international’s (SDI) business development strategy throughout the assigned geographic territories. Complete territory management will require research, planning, analysis, cold calling, lead qualification, sales cycle management, following through on the development of targeted accounts, and recommending an overall SDI solution to address individual client requirements in a consultative fashion. The job Is focused on identifying new regional business opportunities, maintaining key industry relationships and negotiating and closing business deals. The BDM is responsible for an annual revenue quota to be achieved through sales to new prospects and existing SDI customers within an assigned government markets sales territory. Willingness to team-up with additional SDI staff to ensure flawless execution during the customer fulfillment process.
The requirements listed below are representative of the fundamental knowledge, skill, and/or ability required to perform the job successfully:
· Develop and maintain a business plan to meet and exceed assigned goals for existing and new business accounts that clearly links the territory revenue commitment to forecasted revenue opportunities.
· Design customer specific, value-based solutions to ensure that sales objectives for new revenue are attained.
· Develop comprehensive tactics and strategies to maintain a high value prospecting pipeline that includes minimum quantities of regular face-to-face client meetings, proposals, and client presentations.
· Maintain current industry association memberships and tradeshow participation.
· Execute the business plan and track performance of successfully closed leads and opportunities within SDI’s standard reporting tools.
· Conduct fact finding research (through business periodicals and websites) to understand each prospects business needs that align to SDI’s solutions before offering and SDI services.
· Influence the evaluation criteria to ensure successful bids then respond to requests for proposals in a timely and professional manner.
· Work collaboratively with the SDI management team and customer service support teams to continuously improve customer satisfaction and uncover new business opportunities.
· Maintain an up-to-date understanding of SDI’s market positioning and messaging.
· Build industry association relationships with strategic partners and other key contacts.
· Provide pertinent information about key account, territory, and industry changes to the leadership team, focusing on industry.
· Review competitor plans and effect of products and services, prepare pricing strategies according to customer budgets and procurement methods.
To be successful in this role, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty in a satisfactory manner and should demonstrate all competencies listed above. All employees are expected to adhere to and be knowledgeable of SD operating standards, established safety rules, and adhere to company attendance guidelines.
GENERAL QUALIFICATIONS, KNOWLEDGE, AND SKILLS:
· Maintenance of current driver’s license, and passport is required.
· An emphasis on commercial business, government, telecom, aviation, or military aviation is highly desirable.
· A demonstrated ability to sell intangible solutions in a professional manner.
· Executive selling skills proven through experience in selling to senior executives in government agencies and/or successful completion of formal sales training programs is a plus; or a comparable combination of both industry related work experience and education.
· Recent applicable working knowledge of the proposed management territory and the ability to provide addressable targets immediately within the region.
· Exceptional verbal and written communication skills with the ability to read, write, analyze, interpret or present complete business documents or concepts and respond effectively to sensitive inquiries.
· Mathematics aptitude with the ability to perform calculations to include; addition, subtraction, multiplication, division, in all units of measure, using whole numbers, decimals, and the ability to read graphs of all types.
· Excellent working knowledge of general administrative tools such as Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
· Proficient with client relationship management tools, specifically CRM.
· Cooperative and professional demeanor in working with the customers and co-workers utilizing the \"chain of command” to communicate effectively within the organization.
· The ability to understand and hold technical conversations, and convey complex solutions in English and German is required.
· Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in Sales, Marketing, Aviation, procurement & acquisition.
· Minimum of 3 years on the job work experience in direct field sales preferably in the training, consulting, or professional services industries.
While performing general office duties for this position, the employee is regularly required to sit, stand and/or walk around (including the use of stairs). Other demands include the ability to openly communicate with others by talking, listening and reading, able to lift light objects (< 25lbs), and use standard office equipment such as computer, printer, phone and cell phone. In addition, there is an occasional need to bend, twist or stoop in order to open/close cabinets, reach for files or other standard office type objects. This role requires regular travel and may include use of other tools/equipment as well as other unique physical demands.
The office environment is generally quiet and, in a temperature, controlled setting with random adjustments in noise or temperature due to others talking or laughing loudly, unscheduled maintenance repairs to the building or its interior offices or unpredictable situations due to weather or other acts beyond company control. An employee must be willing to work their regularly assigned work schedule for their particular duties and/or job responsibilities and in times of need, be able to work an extended schedule depending on company/department needs, project requirements or customer demands. Some overnight travel is required to facilitate work objectives. While at client site locations, if applicable, employee will be required to adhere to the proper safety precautions established by the client while in proximity to their work area, flight-line or maintenance repair center; work may require some physical effort in the handling of light materials, boxes or equipment. The temperature at client locations can vary from controlled to variations off hot/cold when working, standing or walking in or near the flight-line or maintenance repair center.
If you are interested in applying for employment and need special assistance or an accommodation to apply for a posted position, contact our Human Resources department at (321) 777-3000
Satcom Direct is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: CHF75,000.00 - CHF100,000.00 per year
Ability to commute/relocate: