Are you creative, innovative, team-oriented, self-starter with analytical skills; do you have an entrepreneurial mindset and design thinking skills? Are you interested in topics shaping the world, such as nature, technological developments, the future of mobility, eHealth, digital finance, and many more? Then we need you! This role provides an excellent foundation for a career at Swiss Re, gives you good exposure to the most pressing topics across our business, and enables you to develop a network across multiple functions within the Swiss Re Group.
You will become a member of the Business Development team that supports Lead Business Partners and Key Account Managers across the world. You will research industries and trends, as well as leverage Swiss Re products, services, technologies, and marketing, in order to develop partnerships with corporates across different sectors, including Technology, Mobility, Industrial Manufacturing and many more. The role will allow you to be integral to the resilience and long-term success of some of our strategic corporate partners. We are looking for the glue that sticks our cross-functional teams together. Thereby, you will interact with colleagues from the entire Swiss Re Group, such as Underwriting, Innovative Risk Solutions, Risk Engineering, Sustainability, Chief Innovation & Technology Office, Reinsurance Solutions, Public Sector Solutions, and many more.
About the Role
As a Business Development Manager your responsibilities in our team will be:
- Lead customized industry, trend and company research; present results to various stakeholders across the Swiss Re Group and derive ideas for collaborations with our partners. Write reports, and connect the outside in world.
- Connect with all departments across Business Units and keep the overview of activities and offerings across the organization to support the salesforce in putting together compelling pitches.
- Contribute to the development of engagement plans to build strategic partnerships.
- Be a key contributor to Corporate Partnerships\' future and communication strategy.
- Lead ad hoc projects involving people across the Group, for example around key trends.
About the Team
Business Development is an international team, with members in Zurich, New York, Singapore and Paris. We are a dynamic team that combines diverse skills and experience in research and ideas development. We place high emphasis on a positive team spirit and a learning environment. Our team is truly diverse, with members representing different backgrounds, cultures and languages from all over the world. Thanks to our Group-wide mandate, we closely collaborate with all relevant internal functions.
Business Development is part of the broader Corporate Partnerships team, which has the mandate to create long lasting partnerships with selected corporates across different sectors in order to deliver and co-create innovative products and solutions beyond risk transfer.
- You have 3-5 years of work experience, ideally in an insurance company or consulting firm.
- You have experience in conducting market and trend analysis, as well as the ability of converting insights into concrete collaboration ideas.
- You have great presentation and communication skills and are able to navigate ambiguity.
- You have an organized and structured way of working, as well as an understanding of complex organizations.
- You have an analytical and networked way of thinking, high sense of responsibility, entrepreneurial spirit and a can-do attitude.
- You have successfully contributed and led cross-functional projects to build / implement / adopt innovative products, platforms, or business models.
- Having design thinking techniques such as customer journey or ecosystem mapping is a plus.
The role is ideal for you if:
- You are passionate about carrying qualitative and quantitative studies and analyses to sharpen new concepts and successfully convert them in cross-functional teams into viable product propositions.
- You would love to develop a solution that could disrupt and change the insurance market.
- You understand the value chain of insurance and care about consumers\' needs and buying behavior, B2B2C.
- You like to facilitate workshops in order to brainstorm and find new innovative solutions / product ideas suiting our clients
- You can cope with ambiguity and volatility
We are looking forward to your application!
About Swiss Re Corporate Solutions
Swiss Re is one of the world\'s leading providers of reinsurance, insurance and other forms of insurance-based risk transfer. We anticipate and manage risks, from natural catastrophes and climate change to cybercrime.
Swiss Re Corporate Solutions is the commercial insurance arm of the Swiss Re Group. We offer innovative insurance solutions to large and midsized multinational corporations from our approximately 50 locations worldwide. We help clients mitigate their risk exposure, whilst our industry-leading claims service provides them with additional peace of mind.
Our success depends on our ability to build an inclusive culture encouraging fresh perspectives and innovative thinking. Swiss Re Corporate Solutions embraces a workplace where everyone has equal opportunities to thrive and develop professionally regardless of their age, gender, race, ethnicity, gender identity and/or expression, sexual orientation, physical or mental ability, skillset, thought or other characteristics. In our inclusive and flexible environment everyone can bring their authentic selves to work.
For New York City, the estimated base salary range for this position is $88,000 to $132,000. The specific salary offered for this, or any given role will take into account a number of factors including but not limited to job location, scope of role, qualifications, complexity/specialization/scarcity of talent, experience, education, and employer budget. At Swiss Re, we take a \"total compensation approach\" when making compensation decisions. This means that we consider all components of compensation in their totality (such as base pay, short-and long-term incentives, and benefits offered), in setting individual compensation.
Keywords: Reference Code: 122464